So, (whether you care or not) it is officially moving weekend. Packapalooza is in full effect. I would almost go so far as to compare it to the severity of Hurricane Irene that is currently barreling toward North Carolina as we speak. Speaking of... I hope everyone stays safe on the East Coast!
Let me recap and get up to speed here. The floors are DONE. I put the last coat of sealer on it yesterday. My back, butt, and thighs are hating me today, but it's all good. The floor has a lovely "ooooh shiny" effect on people. Nothing else has been packed, moved, or donated since... Oh I don't know since when. Everything is still here except for the pile of junk that got pilfered through yesterday on the side of the road.
My mother said I am obsessed with moving. Yes, I am. I will admit it. I have a problem. I am all consumed. So much so that everything else added to that obsession (work, finances, to do lists) has damn near pushed me to the edge of sanity. It makes me want to drink heavily. Mom even said something about buying me beer. Wow, that's bad if she thinks I need to drink too.
I had a major melt down at work yesterday. I snapped at everyone and told my boss off. Then cried for 20-30 minutes. I woke up in a bad mood this morning and cried again. I've even tried watching Oprah and chick flicks/shows to get it out of my system, but nothing seems to help. I even did a mean nasty blog this morning (which I did not and will not post...EVER).
Oh... and did I mention I live in a Nascar town? Well, I do. And guess what... it's race week. Which means we've been invaded by thousands and thousands of spectators. Normally I would be complaining about the traffic, etc... but this year. Not so much. I don't care. I didn't even go watch the carrier parade. I'm that consumed by this move.
I guess, the root of my problem is with the sheer amount of work that has to be done in such a short amount of time factored in with the lack of teamwork... I'm cracking. My independent "she-can-do-it-all" attitude has been weakened. But, like with other situations... piss me off and I will come back stronger than ever just to prove it can be done. That's how I roll. Because no matter how bitchy, whiny, and pathetic I get... I will get through it. It is just a roller coaster of emotions until I get there.
So, thanks Mom for the pep talk. I love ya.
Now... where are my damn boxes??? It's showtime!!
Why is it everything always seems to have to happen on race weekend?? lol
ReplyDeleteI know, right?? Mom got married race weekend, you and chuckles got married... and now I'm moving. wth? lol
ReplyDelete