Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 Thoughts for Tuesday

1. Did anyone get the tag of whoever it was that beat me up yesterday? I am feeling rough this morning.

2. So, the floors have been sanded. Ok, so I ended up leaving TWO stairs undone, but I'll get those later today. By that point I just couldn't do it anymore. But, they are looking great and are as smooth as a baby's bottom!

3. Speaking of Sanders... When I went to rent the floor sander, the guy was showing me how to change the sandpaper pads, etc. I said "so this is user friendly?" He says "See this green on/off button?" So, I say "Oooooh... so a blonde can use it?" LOL Dude totally laughed at me. But, who can blame him. ;)

4. Now, I've gotta come up with the $32 to buy the stinking sealer to put on them. Why? Why does it cost so much??

5. I was really having a crappy day yesterday. Ya know, there are just some people in the world that no matter how hard you try you can not make them understand what you are saying. And that their concerns are petty, insignificant details. But, who am I? I'm just the one who did it wrong in their eyes. *rolling eyes*

6. And then there are other people who think you don't have a life. That all of this moving stuff I've been doing has just been a little cloud floating around the sky for the past week and a half. To set the record straight, moving has consumed me! So, I was thoroughly prepared to use some industrial power tools to release some frustration.

7. Which by the way is FUN!! I got one of the sanders that doesn't rotate. Ok, so the technical phrase is orbital... so, yeah, it wasn't an orbital. It's more like a heavy vibrating box/drum thing. I know I'm so mechanically inclined. LOL Regardless... It was very gratifying to lug this thing around and watch the beautimous hardwood come through.

8. Had I known though that all of the paint splatters were going to be such a pain to sand off, I would've covered the floors when we painted. We had to scrape all of it up!! It was misery.

9. And then there's the little hand sander I was trying to use on the stairs. That was pointless. I ended up scrapping it and just doing it all by hand. Elbow grease and calloused fingers. THAT's how you get results! Ok, so I'm paying for it today, but it worked!

10. This whole random thoughts blog has turned out to be a to do list, or should I say a have done list. Sorry about that. I seriously having moving on the brain these days. Off to work...have a great Tuesday!

11. Oh, a bonus thought! I forgot to mention how last night while sanding I learned that you really shouldn't buy breathing masks from the dollar store. They are cheaply made. So, since I broke probably 3 of the 6 that we had, by the time I came home I felt like I could start a haboob from my nose. (And I totally wanted to facebook and tweet that last night, except I know how some of my "refined" friends would've had a field day with the word haboob. *rolling eyes* LOL

3 comments:

  1. roflmao should've known you would be the one to ask that. it's a dust storm. they've had like 3 in arizona in past months.... google it seester. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. SheShe, I feel your pain...been there, done that. I absolutely HATE moving...in fact, my next move will be to Glenwood Cemetary. That is, unless I win the lottery and can pay somebody to move it for me! Telling you that it will be worth it all isn't very comforting to you now when every muscle in your body aches.Hang in there!♥

    ReplyDelete