So, if you remember from my last post, I was going out. Yep, I went out. And had a blast. I took the $20 my boss gave me and came back with over half it. Yep... I've still got it. Actually, I've just got generous friends. Big difference.
Anyway, here's a lesson for you. If you are prone to accidents (as I am) do not wear cute shoes. (My cousin, Missy, is gasping in horror right now, I'm sure.) I wore cute sandal type flip flops when I went out and apparently my feet did not appreciate it. (Nor did any men I may or may not have wanted to impress.) Anyway, I woke up the next morning with some major pain in my right foot.
My right foot being the one I thought I had broken last year (and never went to the doctor about). Great. That's all I need. Well, it felt like a stone bruise, so I just sucked it up and dealt with it... for over a week. The stupid thing wasn't getting any better, and by Wednesday of this week my toes were losing feeling and the pain was radiating up my leg. *sigh* So, out of desperation (or just because I was to the point that it was pissing me off), I went to the E.R. Three hours, one snap session on a nurse, and three x-rays later I am released with no broken bones, but a sprained foot. The doc said it was probably because of last year's injury (which the doc said sounded like I had torn something in my foot).
Did I fall this time? No. Apparently, I can't walk... in cute shoes. Those who know me already know that I can't walk barefoot, let alone in cute shoes.
So, anyway... two days later...
I overslept Friday morning. My daughter yelled upstairs and woke me up 20 minutes before we had to walk out the door. In my half-asleep, semi-comatose, pre-caffeinated state, I quickly head down the stairs... with my foot still wrapped for the sprain and.... yep, you guessed it... I slipped (ace bandages and hardwood stairs do not get along) and fell down the stairs. We knew it was going to happen at some point or another. And there we go.
My daughter was in her room (across from the bottom of the stairs) and had the joy of watching me bounce down the stairs. I guess it must've looked pretty humorous. I haven't seen my step-dad move that fast in a long time when he came around the corner to rescue me.
I don't think I broke anything. All body parts are moving, but I am bruised and sore as crap today. I bruised my back along a rib or two, and my butt has a huge bruise spreading across the majority of it.
Now I not only have a bandaged right foot, I can't sit on my left butt cheek or lean against anything because of the bruises. *sigh* Could I have a bubble to live in now?
Until next time friends... Walk softly and hold on to the hand rails! ;)
well who knew we were kindred spirits. LOLOL.
ReplyDeleteA couple of weeks ago, my foot fell asleep while I was sitting at my desk. Total ADD girl here was completely oblivous to it and when Mr. Sweet Butter called me into the other room...
Yep... got up quickly, put all my weight on a foot that for all intense purposes was incapable or function, and I took a nose dive across the tile floor.
Barely missing WizKids desk introducing itself to my head; I totall wrecked my foot. Doc said a major sprain.
So Lady Klutz, looks like we can hobble together for awhile. I hope you feel better soon.
Wow Tara... I hope you heal quickly too!
Delete