1. Yes, I missed Tuesday...again. My days are blurring, hectic, and I'm just downright tired. That's a good enough excuse, right?
2. From my last blog, you know, my sister is home. It's awesome. I've missed her soooo much. We've been spending some much needed time together this week, and I've loved every second of it!
3. My niece and my sister's cat are staying with us. That has also been awesome! We had a girls' night watching chick flicks and painting nails last night. And Meeko (the cat) had pretty much taken over as supreme king in the house. Gah I love that cat. He's still a little wary of us (and the dogs) but he's pretty much whipping everyone into shape.
4. Meeko has also been sleeping with me some. I made the comment that I now had a male in my bed. I'm pretty sure that makes me one step closer to becoming a crazy cat lady. Just sayin'.
5. In the craziness that was the "desk incident" (see previous blog) I discovered that my sister wasn't the only injured party. My camera... my Nikon... the one I use for work... also suffered. It's broken. So, I had been trying to decide what to do about it. I stripped it down (removed the lens, strap, etc) to get it ready to ship for repair, when my boss noticed it on my desk. I explained what had happened to it and he said he would pay to have it fixed since I use it for work. How awesome is that?? Whew. That took a load off my mind.
6. I got some baby time in on Monday (as well as Sunday). Miss Thang is itching to go see him again, so we may have to make another visit to get out baby cuddles in. He's just tooooo precious to not want to hold. Oh, and I have changed my title to Fairy God-Mimi. I figured there were probably a few in line to want to be the "god-mother" (fairy or otherwise), so I'm good with being the back up Mimi.
7. Speaking of Miss Thang... back at the end of the school year, she was asked to participate in a "chorus" type thing right before the beginning of the upcoming school year. Of course, I said yes. She loves to sing. Well.... she had practice Monday and Tuesday. THEN, I find out this "chorus" thing... is a FLASH MOB!!! I wanted to watch it soooo bad.... but, it was during a faculty meeting and it would've been a little suspicious with a bunch of parents standing around. So, I didn't get to see it. She said she thought it turned out great though. She said "We sounded really good, Mom!" I'm sure you did baby! There were about 60 kids from across the school district. They gave them all t-shirts representing the high school and their corresponding graduation year. That's when we realized, she'll graduate in 2020. That's kinda cool, huh?
8. The kids go back to school next week. I'm not sure if I'm excited, apprehensive, or just on the fence completely about it. It seems the summer has flown by. It always does, though, doesn't it?
9. I have another "new" desk now. I've had two since the "desk incident"... this one is much bigger than the other one, which is good... but there still aren't any drawers. And I'm really not used to having an actual keyboard drawer. But, it's all good. My bro-in-law (who just so happens to love woodworking) said he would build me a desk. So, I will be researching and getting ideas for my awesome desk he'll make.
10. I feel like such an old person. I went to sleep at 9 the other night. Barely stayed awake through a movie and manicures last night, and now I'm about to fall over at 10:30. I guess it's a good point to say... until next time friends... Good night!
9.
Ah, getting older..I know the feeling well. I have the opinion we wither grow old with grace, or go kicking and screaming so they remember we are here!
ReplyDeleteYep... I'll be kicking and screaming. LOL
ReplyDeleteso nice to read you again. Not sure if you remember me from Multiply? They're shutting the site down so I am hunting down all my friends and trundling the blogs off to another site. I'll probably start posting here in a couple of weeks
ReplyDeleteOf course I remember you! So glad to see you here!! I hope you have been well.
Delete