Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wonder Twin Powers...Activate!

Remember that show?? My twin sis and I used to go around saying that then fist bumping then waiting for our powers to start glowing. Yeah, it never happened. But, we had a special power like... The power of confusion! Ok, so we didn't realize it at the time (or did we??). As I said in yesterday's blog, mom found this newspaper article on the three sets of twins at our elementary school.

Being a twin was a big deal to us back then. We were special. Ok, so we thought we were anyway. I can't imagine not being a twin. I literally grew up with my best friend. Yes, we fought like cats and dogs growing up, but what siblings don't?

Some twins try to look alike for as long as they can. We didn't. By third grade we were off on our own personality streaks and started dressing differently. Regardless of what our clothes looked like, people were still confused by us. Hell, people are STILL confused by us. See, it IS a special power.

Anyway, I took the article to work today and scanned it to share with you. I'm hoping it will be big enough to actually read. And don't let the caption fool you... they got the names switched on more than one set of us. (Oh look, it let's you resize it. NICE! Sorry, it's rather large now...LOL)



"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." ~ Aristotle

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome thing you two shared!!! And still do I am sure. It's a wonder they didn't do some kind of study on the water in that town! lol

    ReplyDelete