Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 Thoughts for Tuesday ~ 9/27/11

1. Good morning, friends. Yes, it is Tuesday again...I think. It is Tuesday, isn't it??

2. Have you ever had one of those days where you're just going through the motions. And sometimes those motions seem like a blur after you've done them?

3. Today seems to be one of those days for me. I don't even remember what time it was when I got up this morning. I barely remember that my son went and got breakfast for everyone. And I barely remember deciding and cutting the crap out of my bangs. How did all of that happen??

4. I already had bangs, but they were long. I think in the midst of being passed on a turn in the bathroom, I was running short on time for getting ready this morning. The hair was not cooperating. The next thing I know, I'm holding 2 inches of hair in my hand. What the hell just happened?? And, WOW, is that choppy looking. Straighten, curl, straighten, curl... nope, still doesn't look right. Oh, crap, what did I do?? Oh well, too late now.

5. The man child wasn't sold on the look. When I asked him if it looked stupid... he paused. Not a good sign. I think he agreed it looked weird. Then, after I get to work, the boss man told me he liked it... that it "elongated" my face. Which, with a round face, is a good thing...right? So, maybe when I have a little more time to properly style it, it'll be ok. I may have to tweak it a little. We'll see.

6. So, I've been really busy with work. I've gone to 3 shoots in the past week, plus working in the office... I am exhausted. Last night's shoot was crazy. We got rained on and it was mass chaos...but, it turned out ok. I have another shoot tomorrow, then hopefully football season will be calming down. Good thing too... it's just in time for band and cheerleading shoots.

7. Male readers: Feel free to skip to #8 if you are squeamish about female body functions. (And if you do skip this one, I won't think worse of you at all... wimps.) LOL just kidding.
I seriously think I am pre-menopausal. I have been having hot flashes for the past week. I'm melting here, I tell ya! It's that or my pretend p.m.s. is going haywire. I say pretend because I had a hysterectomy years ago. I still have pms on occasion, but not regularly. Anyway, I'm hormonal. And I'm hot. Maybe I'm just sick. Could it be hay fever? Do you actually run a fever with that? Hmmm.

8. Why am I sitting here blogging instead of working? Oh, yeah... because I'm hormonal and I CAN! LOL I guess the least I could do is multi-task.

9. It's officially fall. The leaves are beginning to change. There's a nip in the air (when I'm not having a hot flash). And, I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about fall in the mountains of WV while I was growing up. If we were still back home, we'd be planning our fried chicken picnic in the woods. We'd be getting truck loads of wood and splitting it and stacking it up. And as much as my mother would argue that we didn't split wood that much, we did more than she thought we did... we just did it when she wasn't looking. ;) Kids will always do stuff when it's not requested of them, but not necessarily when the parents want them to. Anyway, I can still smell the wood and the leaves on the ground after a good rain. Aaah... fall and home. It makes me want to wear a fleece and flannel jacket. Gotta love it.

10. So, I guess now that I have done another blog (I know, I'm a slacker), I can rearrange my page, again. The last post required me to move most of my side links to the bottom of the page. Darn picture was too big and the links were overlapping it. So, now it's back to normal. I hope. Have a great day friends!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't skim 7, thank you very much. I read it like a man. And then cried a little at the thought of my wife one day becoming moody and changing the temperature in the house ten times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks for reading it like a man!
    And may I suggest dressing in layers when that time arrives. ;)

    ReplyDelete