Sunday, August 21, 2011

Drunk Posting... *giggle*

I NEVER do this. So be forewarned. I am drunk. Seriously inebriated. Did I spell that right? It totally does not look right. Anyhoooo....

I seriously needed a time out today. As you could tell from my last post.  So, my bff, Precious, wanted me to go to this pub to listen to an 80's cover band. I love 80's music!! I am a child of the 80's. Anyway, I decided I needed to go. I needed to have adult time. To get away from the packing and the painting.

So, we go out (which I haven't done in a looong time). And, I have to admit, I had a blast. We got there and after the band started playing I loved it! I decided I felt like I was back in high school. The only thing missing was the Kountry Kwencher! So, I have a beer, or two, and a friend of a friend buys me a Jaeger bomb (totally not sure if that is spelled right either). I am not usually one to partake of that beverage. It tasted too much like root beer or licorice, but I managed to get most of it down. Not long after, my lips were getting numb and I was enjoying the hell out of people watching. Which, by the way, is what I love to do at a bar. So, here's a small list of what I've learned tonight:

1. Respect the bathroom line. A bitch will hurt you if you cut in front of them. (Was not me.)

2. Be prepared to have the door opened on you if you do cut said line. (Again, not me.)

3. Outdoor bar areas with sand will result in at least one drunk person losing a shoe. (Not me again. Some guy. Was hilarious that he was carrying one shoe.)

4. Since when do men wear toe rings? (Totally confused me.)

5. It's not necessarily a good thing when a really drunk (and redneck) guy begs to friend you on facebook within the first 5 minutes that you are there. (Totally happened to me.)

6. 80's music is always great...whether it is all sung by a chick or not.  (Loved it!)

7. Not everyone can do the Electric Slide. (I CAN do the electric slide.)

8. If the Electric Slide had been played a little later on in the night, I totally would have shown those chicks how it's really done. (I would've... really.)

9. Classic 80's rock is NOT music that you grind to. Stop drinking and get a room already. (Definitely not me.)

10. Just because a friend's friend has an "open marriage" does NOT make it ok to kiss and rub all over me. Just sayin'. (Yeah.)

11. Drunk facebooking/texting is only ok if you can spell everything correctly. (I only misspelled one word... that I'm aware of, anyway.)

So, there you have it. My night in a nutshell. I might actually remember more later on. We'll see. But, I haven't had this much fun in...well... a really long time. Thanks Joyce for talking me into this.

2 comments:

  1. BAAHAHAHA great post!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it....Now I know why I miss being around you. I miss your adventures...my life is so dull.

    ReplyDelete