We got the floors sanded on Monday. We took the evening off of heavy physical labor on Tuesday and did the first coat of polyurethane sealer last night. Mom did most of that while I worked on getting some furniture ready for a friend to pick up and sorted through some stuff in the basement. I went over and finished up the last part of the sealing. Which I have to say looks awesome! We'll do one more coat tonight and it should be move in ready tomorrow!! YAAAY! Of course, the trim still isn't painted and up, but hey, that's minor compared to where we started.
![]() |
| After sanding... Raw wood floors. Smooth as a baby's bottom! |
![]() |
| After one coat of polyurethane. Oooh Shiny! |
Speaking of picking up items... I sort of started going through the crap in the basement last night. Told the man-children what I was keeping, trashing, donating, etc so they could get some trash out for trash day today. I have to admit a lot of it I barely went through. Yes, I'm to that point of not caring what's in a box. It must go. LOL So, of course, after about 5 minutes of pointing things out my man-child told me to get out of his way that I was on his nerves. *hmph* Grouchy. Anyway... he puts all of this stuff out by the street for pick up. And pick up indeed! It never fails there will be at least ONE person to stop and pilfer through the trash. I'm not sure what they look for, but it amuses me. A friend just informed me they are looking for items with metal in them to sell. Makes sense. Anyway... this guy and his lil kid in a mini van stop. He jumps out and runs around the vehicle (like he wants to beat the crowd *blank look*) and starts rummaging through the pile. I'm watching him out the window. He takes random useless stuff, part of a christmas tree, a wadded up bundle of random cords/cables. I felt a little better for him when he took my son's old crappy bikes. LOL He even went so far as to open my trash can and see if there was anything in there. Have at it buddy! I almost told him to come back after this weekend, but alas... that's just creepy.
And even now as I type this, a man with a freaking trailer has stopped and is going through stuff! Dudes found my old shot glass collection. LOL And now they are digging through my trash can as well. Allrighty then.
I realized there are things I will miss about living here. For instance, my sweet lil old lady neighbor across the street. She likes her yard and drive way to stay meticulous. So, that means birds should not sit in her tree and mess up the driveway. To keep this from happening she shoots off firecrackers all the time. God love her. She was doing that this morning. I'm gonna miss that woman! She just enlisted the trash looters to come get something from her house. LOL
And so, I should really get ready for work. I almost didn't think I was going to make it this morning. I coughed all night and woke up with the worst headache. Thank goodness for dayquil, excedrin, coffee, and claritin. Wow that's some cocktail first thing in the morning, huh? Anyway, have a great day friends!
After thought: No wonder they rushed to rummage through my trash. The trash truck JUST pulled in and is taking everything. LOL
After thought: No wonder they rushed to rummage through my trash. The trash truck JUST pulled in and is taking everything. LOL


HAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeleteThat's great!!!!
love the little old lady with firecrackers. That will probably be you one day you know.
Yeah... Shayne says I won't be a cat lady, I'll be a gnome lady. So, when you come visit me when we're old and gray my house will be the one with all the gnomes in the yard. :)
ReplyDelete