Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moving In! and Packapalooza Adventures

It's the morning after my first night back in my mom's house. Yesterday was long and exhausting.

We got most of my furniture moved and set up in my new room. The only thing that hasn't made it yet is my dresser and chest of drawers and my washer/dryer. I have decided that we have entirely too many clothes. I see a donation trip for that alone in the near future. There's still a lot of stuff for me to go through and clean at the old house. I haven't even started on the bathroom, but how hard can that be? And there are still a few junk drawers in the kitchen. That kind of scares me a little, actually. Mt. Trashmore has erupted in my back yard. LOL I dread Wednesday when we have to move it all to the street.

Note to self: I MUST buy some Dunkin Donuts coffee. I will reform my mother before it's all said and done! Whatever this stuff is I'm drinking just does not cut it!!

So, whilst packing... I did manage to get rid of some of the furniture items that still needed homes. I have possibly two more people planning to come and get a few things. We managed to get what was left moved in probably two truck loads...oh and my car. Well, not a lot fit in my car, but my computer made the trip, and the tv got special treatment and was escorted by the son sitting with it. It had to be handled carefully!! lol


In the meantime, the computer was one of the first things to make it up the stairs... and wouldn't you know it... of all the things that missed the first trip, the computer's power cord was one of them. Eeek! So, I made a special trip back to the apartment where sure enough there it sat. So, I got that working, the tv working... then I realized. Basic Cable??? Ohhh noooo... this won't do. Expanded Basic, at the least, will be added asap. So... I made sure to bring a few dvd's with me. Then the son decided to go back and get the Wii so we could watch Netflix. Gotta love modern technology.





So, the BIG issue of the day was when the bed was getting ready to be brought up... the frame was fine. We got it set up... then time for the box spring. Um... yeah... It did NOT fit through the door to go upstairs! I had a slight meltdown. I refused to give my Queen size bed to my daughter and sleep on a full size! REFUSE!!! So, my wonderful, handy step-dad concocts a plan. He disassembled the box spring. He literally cut it in half. He and the man child got it upstairs and then reassembled it with nails, screws, roofing nails. My bed should hold an entire family now. LOL

Another big issue was bringing the dog to our new home. She's been skittish the past week or so anyway, what with all the mess and confusion. So, when I went back to pick her up, she was sooo excited to see me. I got her in the car with no problem. (I had more problems getting the man child's futon mattress in my car.) She's not really used to car rides, so it was kind of exciting and strange for her at the same time. She hung her head out the window and apparently kept forgetting to breathe with the wind blowing in her face. She's not the brightest pup in the world. So, we decided she had to have a bath before we'd let her come in the house. THAT was an undertaking! It took us forever since she kept running from us and hiding in the corner of the yard. We get her in... and she completely got freaked out by the stairs. Took us quite a while to get her upstairs. And now, I can't get her to go back downstairs. LOL She went up and down them once or twice last night, but that's it. I'm hoping she'll figure it out on her own soon enough. I don't want to force her down them.

Oh... and who needs fad diets to lose weight. This week alone I've lost at least 5 pounds!

So, there's a little rundown of how it's going. I feel relieved now that the worst part of it is done. Whew. Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment