I admit it... I am a blonde. Not only is my hair blonde, but occasionally... juuuust occasionally... I am one of those blondes.
Today was the day the wonderful Cable Man came to take the filter off so we could have more channels than just the news, weather, and qvc. I told him he was my hero. Regardless... when he comes in he's carrying a cable box. He said they told him to bring it, even though I had already picked one up and my mom told them on the phone yesterday that we didn't need one. Soooo, of course I let him go ahead and put it on mom's tv downstairs. No reason to be selfish with the cable boxes, right? So, he does that, and I ask him if there's anything special I need to do to my box upstairs. "No," he says, "it was working before, right?" Why, yes, yes it was... because I am tech-savvy. ;)
So when I come upstairs to turn on the tv and check out the epicness of qvc in HD (wow, knives in High Definition.. wow!), the box is saying "boot". What the hell does that mean? It's been booted? It needs a re-boot? So, I do what any normal human being does. I turn the power on and off. I then get a message saying "This unit is not authorized... please call blah blah blah." Well, crap. So, I call the utilities office. Whilst I'm on hold, it dawns on me, maybe I should unplug it! So, I hang up the phone (before ever having talked with anyone) unplug the unit, plug it back in, power on. "Boot"... "Not authorized"... What??? Crap. Ok. Unplug the cable AND the power cord. Same thing. Think think think. Power off... power on... power off... power on... you get the idea. Finally I get "Loading Data... Please wait a moment." So I wait. And wait. And wait some more. Ten minutes go by... and I'm STILL waiting. I call utilities again. Customer service finally answers and then patches me through to Tech Support... Still I'm waiting. THEN... *DING* the light bulb over my glowing blonde hair went off. There's a "channel" before channel 2 that does that loading thing. Must be like a "service" channel. Maaaaybe I should just try changing the channel. "Channel UP." Oh.look.it.works. *smacks forehead* I'm so glad I hung the phone up before I had to really embarrass myself to tech support.
And just to prove that "blondeness" runs in the family...
Earlier today, my niece (a.k.a the squirrel on caffeinated crack) texts me and asks if she can make some coffee in my french press. First I have a sense of accomplishment because I have addicted yet another person to Dunkin Donuts coffee. (Dunkin Donuts officials, you may send me a check anytime now.) Second, I'm thinking, "Oh crap... I've got her hooked on MY expensive Dunkin Donuts coffee that she couldn't possibly afford." So, of course, I say yes and text her instructions on making it in the french press. Now as soon as I do this I receive another text from her.
B: Ull never gues what i just did. And i havent even had coffee yet lawl
Me: LOL what?
B: i ran, no jogged right into the screen door with a lit cig in my hand taking the door with me and skinned my upper lip on the mesh. U shoulda seen it. I about peed my pants i was laughing so hard.
I have no response for that, because I was also laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. Gotta love her. And yes it IS hereditary! She gets it honest!
No comments:
Post a Comment