Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Before you get all excited and start scrolling down to see pics of my house, no, I have not finished unpacking. And no, there are no pictures...yet. These things take time. It's like aging a fine wine. Ok, so I'm full of it, but I am obviously not in a big hurry to finish all of the unpacking.

So, the reason for the accomplishment. Let's see... First of all... I got a lot done at work. (I know, I know. Woo freakin' hoo. That's what I get paid to do.) Second of all, I had a nap this evening. (Again, yippee.) Third...I cooked supper. (Why do the kids expect this of me??? Sheeesh.)

I'm beating around the bush here. After I started cooking supper, my long lost niece(s) came by. I say niece with the (s) because one is legitimately my niece, the other I just claim. Well, she's my sister's niece, so she may as well be mine too. Anyway... They were all excited to be here in time to eat a real home cooked meal. Apparently hamburger helper just does not taste the same with a lot of creole seasoning and butter used in place of milk. Gotta love 'em. So, they stay for supper with my bunch plus the other son (the oldest's best friend). After supper I decided to make some coffee. Remember, it's Dunkin Donuts made in a french press ('cause I'm the shit). My niece loves coffee, but drinks more tea than anything. I'm guessing it had been a while since she'd had a good cup of coffee. Or that much concentrated caffeine. She had probably two sips of coffee, turned to me, and... well, this video kind of sums up her reaction....




Yes, it was pretty much that epic. I decided it was pretty entertaining to have them over for coffee occasionally. *cheesy grin* Wanna join us for a cup?

3 comments:

  1. Duncan Donuts in a french press? That sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite heavenly! And thanks for stopping by!!
    Tara...I so wish I had gotten video. Kids... they are just tooo funny!

    ReplyDelete