Conversation with the man child:
Man Child: It must be nice for women...
Me: Whatcha mean?
MC: Look at that hothothothot chick over there (at the auto store)...
Me: Oh... you mean women can go to an auto parts store and just get men to help them fix their car.
MC: Yeah. They just walk in and say "Hi. Um... How do you....?" and then the guy just helps them.
Me: That's 'cause women have POWER.
MC: .......
Me: Right? Admit it.
MC: Men have the power... they have the brawn to do stuff.
Me: But... women can do it just as well. I know how to do a lot of things. I'm not too proud to work on my car, but, I won't hesitate to walk in an auto parts store and say "How hard is this to do?" and then let the guy show me and/or do it for me. Guys love to feel needed.
MC: True (with a big cheesy grin on his face)
Me: See... just proved my point. Women have POWER.
Conversation with the Precious BFF and her hubby:
Me: Aren't my new shoes cute? I had to get them darker because do you know what brick dust from ball fields does to white shoes??
BFF Hubby: Oh yeah... I get one pair of shoes and wear them till they are worn out. Mine have paint and stuff all over them.
Me: Oh me too! I've had my previous pair for over 2 years... I wouldn't have gotten these if the soles of my old ones hadn't started coming loose.
Precious: But, couldn't you wear a new pair when we go out... like to eat or something?
Me: Um... you know me and shoes. I wear these all the time... unless it's summer, then I'm all about some flip flops.
Precious: (She's looking at me like I am crazy) .... I'm going to hurt you.
Me: I'm sorry... I'm on Justin's side on this one... I don't have a shoe fetish like you.
Precious: (She's trying on my new shoes)
Me: Oh those look good on you... except they are way too big.
Precious: (She's trying on Miss Thang's new shoes... yes, she can wear children's shoes.) I'm mad that you didn't get me a pair of 1/2 price shoes.... you bought three pairs... you could have gotten another pair half off.
Me: Oops... my bad. Yes, I could have. (In my defense, I did buy her a coffee. That's just as good, right?)
Precious: (To Justin who I am pretty sure was giving her a look.) Just go away.
Conversation with the Lil Man:
LM: Hey Mom, what's invisible and smells like bananas?
Me: Umm... I don't know.
LM: Monkey farts. See, you really shouldn't let me watch Cartoon Network. It's a bad influence.
Me: (Laughing)
Random observation while shoe shopping with the Man Child and Miss Thang:
Ya know those stocking "footie" things they have for you to use when trying on shoes (if you aren't wearing socks, of course).... Men who have large feet will get a run in their "footie" while trying to stretch it over their big ole feet... and the footies make it hard to try on "SkeleToes" shoes... Have you seen these things? They are just weird. But, the man child had to have a pair and LOVES them. Hmm. Go figure.
Conversation with the Man Child and the Precious BFF:
(While shopping for underwear)
MC: If it goes up to your belly button or over... they're granny panties. The line has to be flush with your hip bone. And the seam from the hip to the waist has to be less than an inch and a half.
Precious: I can't pull those off anymore... I'm too old.
MC: And patterns and colors don't matter
Precious: Right. Who cares what they look like. Who's going to see them, anyway?
Me: (Ignore them and look for my colorful Hanes Her Way undies)....
Precious: You know if you got out more, someone might actually see them.
Me: ..... Hmmph.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDelete