This weekend has been (slightly) better than the past two. It seems the munchkins have been affected by some sort of universal imbalance of energy/nature...or something. I spend the majority of the weekend yelling at them for fighting, arguing, whining, or something similar. Today was no exception, but it was to a lesser degree.
I, being the pushover that I am, agreed to take them to... duh duh duh... the evil place. I needed to go there for a few things anyway. I knew better. Really I did. I hate Walmart. Especially on the weekends...with kids. But I went anyway.
After a few meltdowns (by me) and everyone getting what they want (except for me), we leave. They had been driving me insane wanting a new DS game, so I told them if they behaved we'd go to Game Stop after. Of course, I meant by way of Starbucks...which didn't happen because the traffic at Exit 7 is stupid and ridiculous.
So, we go to the Game evil place. They find what they wanted. Luckily all 3 picked out used games. That lessens the pain somewhat. But... the man child (aka the troll) decides I should get myself a game. Not one for the PC but one for the XBox. His logic was this: "You are already kinda cool for gaming at all, but you would be reeeally cool if you gamed on a console, too." He shows me one that he thought I would enjoy, but it was $60. Yeah, no.
He said I was kinda cool. *giggle*
My thinking is this: I am a PC gamer because the PC is MINE. The kids know NOT to touch it unless I let them. The tv is fair game... I rarely get the tv for myself. Not to mention the XBox is the man child's. He quite often packs it up and takes off with it for days at a time. Now, how would I get a gaming fix if I were strictly a console gamer??? I refuse to buy another XBox. My point is being made right now... he is packing it up in his bug out bag. Mmhmm. See my point? (The man child says I have to explain what a bug out bag is.... it's a ginormous military backpack that can hold like 3 days worth of shit...er...stuff.)
Sooo, since I am already paying for EverQuest 2, and since I haven't gamed in quite some time.... AND since I miss my gaming friends something terrible (even though some of them are playing other games) I will play EQ2 tonight. Mmhmm... Yes. Yes, I will.
Oh, and I finally got my triple mocha after stretegically circling around the block so I could get to the parking lot.
I have caffeine and cigs...let's game!!
you're cool. hehehe
ReplyDelete