I'm not sure if it's true that chocolate will kill dogs... but it sure does make them sick. Roxy got into the kids' Easter candy and inhaled half of a chocolate bunny. She then proceeded to puke all night long. On a blanket, on the floor. I'm not sure if the man child was trying to keep food off of her stomach while she eliminates the chocolate but her dog food bowl is now sitting on top of my desk. I guess I'll be doing laundry today to clean all the blankets and towels used to clean up the messes. Blech. Not a nice way to start the week. I'm so glad I mopped the floor a few days ago. I wouldn't want her to have to puke on a dirty floor. sigh.
The kids are off school today. That has made this a four day weekend for me and lil man. Miss Thang has been on spring break, so she's been off for a good 10 days now. I'm ready to go back to work...
Until I remember what I need to do at work, and then I'm just ready to run away.
Little League season is in full swing. This weekend begins a month of working Saturdays for me and all I can think is "Noooooooooooooooooooo." I'm not ready for baseball season. I'm still catching up from band season. Last Thursday I did some cap and gown pics for my bff's daughter who is graduating college. We had a short amount of time (before the rain came in) at a park right smack in the middle of town. I got a few good shots to work with for her announcements, but it was tough. I'm rusty (since I hadn't done any pictures since Christmas) and the buildings were just in the way. She asked me how I do it... it's hard coming up with ideas. I was struggling to be honest. I told her for work I use the same pose on all 100+ kids. I don't have to think or be creative. My creativity is a little lazy these days.
Saturday was a lovely day. The sun was shining but it wasn't too hot. So, Mom and I worked on our little garden. We planted some potatoes. I had forgotten how hard gardening is. My arms are soooo sore. Miss Thang decided she wanted to learn to mow the yard. She gave it her all... she couldn't push the mower, but she could pull it. So, I helped her and we finished the back yard. We are also going to try this new gardening technique using hay bales. Look it up on you tube. It's the coolest thing.
Remember the comment the man child made that I would be "cooler" if I played console games? Well, he attempted to teach me the ins and outs of Skyrim. It's a cool game. I, being a pc gamer, had a hard time figuring out the controller... too many buttons and sticks... moving and turning and zooming and looking around all at the same time. Uuugh. I'll get it eventually, but it was making me a little sea sick. In exchange for teaching me to game, I taught him to do his own freakin' laundry. It's way beyond overdue. I think he knew how, he just played dumb to keep from doing it. Well played son. NOT.
Easter has come and gone. It wasn't a big ta-do here. The kids hunted eggs. We couldn't remember where the last 2 were hidden. Buddy (the dog) stole one. They ended up losing one entirely, or Buddy stole it too. And the kids fought most of the day. I made a ham for dinner. And that was about it. Gotta love holidays.
Well, I guess I'll get started re-cleaning the house while I sink deeper into seclusion. Until next time friends!
This brings back memories...I remember the summers wit my mom in the garden...all the aches and pains afterward.
ReplyDeleteI started most of my gaming on consoles, so when I played my first MMO (Everquest), their was the opposite shock for me...Where ws my controller? Too many keys! Why does nothing happen when I hit X??
Since then I have played 2 MMOs on a console, (FF XI and DU Universe), and have to say gaming on a PC is superior, for most of the RPGs I like.
<==Old schoolmate Dean. No idea why is used my old ID
ReplyDelete