Tuesday, February 21, 2012

10 Thoughts for Tuesday ~ Feb. 21

1. I know... I disappeared again. But, in my defense, I've been sick... again. The past week has consisted of me laying in bed, coughing up a lung or two, sneezing til I pee on myself, and losing my voice. Stupid cold/flu.

2. I thought I was kicking this cold thing yesterday. It was the first day in a week I almost felt normal, so, like any normal human, I went shopping. Only because I was in a weird mood and actually had a little bit of energy.

3. Normally, I don't like shopping. But, I have been on a mission to find myself a new coat. My old one is just that... OLD. I've been wearing the same one for a good 4 or 5 years. It's time to retire it and move on. This is the time of year when stores start moving in the spring/summer items (stupid... it snowed two nights ago people) so I thought I could find one on clearance. Yeah. Sure. I found a few. And by few I mean 2 or 3 that were NOT in my size.

4. Here's a tip for clothing stores.... You know all of those size 1 and extra-small items you have in clearance?? Yeah... that means that NO ONE can actually fit into that crap or they would've sold a long time ago! Maybe you should over stock on normal sizes like... I dunno... extra large. You'd probably make a fortune on us healthy people. Just sayin'.

5. I realized that my shopping trip started out with a theme. The first place we go was the Cookie Co. at the mall. While inhaling chocolate chip goodness... a lovely lady and her children started setting up at the empty kiosk beside our table. What was she selling??? Why girl scout cookies, of course! I don't know any girl scouts, and it had been years since I had enjoyed some... so, of course, I bought two boxes. I like cookies... what can I say? (Hence the need for larger size clothing.)

6. I don't usually do well in crowds. Yesterday, though, I decided I was gonna enjoy a mother/daughter outing and not get irritated (hopefully). It seemed to work. I only cussed out one person (road rage... gets me everytime). Miss Thang was so happy that I wasn't a snarling animal foaming at the mouth, that she was overtly sweet and doting on her momma. She kept petting my hair as if to remind me I was being a good girl.

7. So, if you didn't know, I work in photography. I am more in the background in my career as I am a lab tech and I do a lot of the digital magic of putting together awesome stuff. I do shoots on occasion when needed. My sister has also gotten into photography. She is currently taking classes and is very close to having her certificate. She's awesome. She recently got some new photography equipment and tested it out with my niece this weekend. She sent me a preview of one of the shots and... wow. Just wow. It was gorgeous! The man child saw it and says "Does it irritate you that your sister is better than you?" *hmph* Nice. Thanks son.

8. Honestly, I haven't felt motivated to take any great pictures. Actually, I haven't been motivated for much of anything. I blame the winter blues. Yeah... that's it.

9. I'm seriously late for work. I'd love to just go back to bed though. I didn't sleep well last night... what with all the hacking up of lungs and such.

10. Have a great Tuesday friends. See ya'll again soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ the manchild's comment! I learned it all from you. sheesh!
    love ya!!

    ReplyDelete