Tuesday, February 7, 2012

10 Thoughts for Tuesday - 2/7/12

1. It is I... your long lost Tuesday Random-maker. I could say I have been busy (I have...sorta). I could say I've been lazy (I have... no question). I could also say I was abducted by aliens (not a chance... they'd send me back for a refund). So choose whichever excuse you like.

2. So, the latest news is... I am going to be a fairy god-mother. My best friend's daughter is going to have a baby. Backstory: When I had my daughter, her father was m.i.a. so we dubbed my bff as my daughter's dada-Joyce. She told me after we found out about her daughter's impending doom...err... pregnancy, that I would be a dada. I decided I didn't want to be a dada... I want to be a fairy god-mother... as in Cinderella. I can poof in with lots of sparkle and magic (and dancing/singing vegetables and rodents) and spoil the baby then send it home. Soooo, I am going to be a fairy god-mother. (This makes me furiously happy, by the way.)

3.  My bff, Joyce, is a planner. She is prepared for things long before they ever happen. So, no doubt, we're in planning mode for the baby.  We don't know what it is yet, so it's been a gender-neutral event so far. But, let me tell you a little about Joyce's planning. She is slightly obsessed with it and delegates "projects" like a five star army general. (Does the army even have 5 star generals?)

4. The current project (for me) ... well, other than signing her up for diaper coupons (she's recently decided she wants to be an extreme couponer) and finding nursery inspiration... is a cross stitch piece for the nursery. I haven't cross stitched in YEARS. I now know I need bi-focals. I have also discovered that I am getting arthritis in my hands. And, my brain no longer functions as quickly as it used to. I stitched and re-stitched one section TWICE... each time realizing I had started in the wrong place. *sigh*

5. This past Saturday, Joyce & I along with my kid peoples went on a thrift store excursion for baby items. I think I ended up buying one thing for the baby and the rest was toys for the kids, a bracelet for the bff, and a couple of other odds & end things. It was fun though. If we'd had an unlimited budget... oh the things we would've gotten.

6.  Speaking of my kids... I have been getting things ready for V-Day at school. Since I am a pinterest addict, I found a cute Valentine's card that I decided to make this year instead of buying the cheesy ones they have at the store. I took a picture of each kid with their hand held up (in a fist) and decorated it with a Valentine heart studded frame (complete with cupids), added text and printed them off at work. I will cut slits above and below their fist and insert a lollipop. Instant Valentine's card! And cute too!!


Thanks Pinterest!!

7. In other recent news... I have joined the dark side and gotten an iPhone. I do love it... the apps, the features, just the... coolness of it... EXCEPT... Does it really have to be so hard to make your own ringtones and add them?? Apple figured out how to do all of this really cool, crazy stuff, but couldn't make it just a tad easier on the ringtones (unless you buy them of course).  After trying for a few days I said to hell with it and bought a couple. Hmmph. That just irritates me.

8. As an un-related, random f.y.i.... Cats who eat ground Starbucks coffee will twitch and look like they are having a seizure (or like they are on crack). (Yes, this was observed... not by me, but by the bff.) (And, yes, the cat is ok.)

9. My mom has been sorting old pictures. I found one of me and my sister when we were little while playing with our totally awesome cool blow-up Barbie furniture. When I mentioned it, Mom said it was still in the basement. WHAAAAT?? So, out they came. I washed them and let them dry because Miss Thang decided she HAD to play with them. For future reference... blow up items that are over 30 years old have a very distinct old smell... and I am afraid to put my mouth on them to blow them up. I need one of those air pump thingies. Or to find a new set... do they even make those anymore??? I bet not... it's an antique... like me.

10.  I can't remember any other exciting news... So, I guess I'll go and pretend to work on my projects. ;) Until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment