So... um... Happy New Year? It's been a while since I last posted. I had time off of work up until just after New Year's. Then the rush of getting caught up set in.
As I said in a previous post I was sick during Christmas. Well, it didn't seem to want to go away. After I went back to work, just getting back into the routine seemed hard. The nagging cough and being tired all the time didn't help the situation. I've been down and grouchy. I had a headache pretty much everyday, so I was taking cold pills AND acetaminophen AND lots of coffee/caffeine to try to stay awake. I thought maybe being sickly and taking all of this medication was causing rebound headaches, so I tried to limit it as much as I could. The heat at work was messed up (as usual). So, on top of having a cold, I was ready to build a fire in my trash can at the office. My brain was "fuzzy" a lot of the time... from cold medicine, lack of sleep, etc etc.
Then the truth came out.
Finally, we called in the heating guy to check out the situation. The next morning he stopped by and says "You're lucky to be alive." What? Apparently over the last three weeks our office had been filling up with carbon monoxide from a broken vent in the heating system. I had been sitting in it for the past three weeks and didn't know it. That would explain why I could barely think and function at the same time. Of course, there were jokes thrown around that maybe those symptoms were normal for me. Ha... ha... ha.
The broken vent is now repaired and the boss mentioned getting a carbon monoxide detector to put in the office. I am relieved that it's fixed, but I am also worrying if there are any long term problems from that. I feel ok (still have a little cough, and I'm catching up on sleep), but you have to wonder. Maybe I should stay away from medical sites for the time being.
Anyhoo... Since the last three weeks have been a blur, I have nothing really exciting to share. Hopefully, now that I'm coherent again, I can resume my life in the blog world. See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment