| Momma really shouldn't use a knife like that before having more coffee. Just sayin'. |
| Uh..ew. |
| Such focus! |
It's almost Halloween. We LOVE some Halloween in our house. So much, that the entire front yard is decorated, including a giant spider web intricately woven around the porch. My step-dad worked on that project for a good week. Yes, we are "those" kind of people. The ones who go all out for it and you can see our house from the other end of the street. Ok, so we don't have any inflatables like some houses...yet. LOL
Getting ready for Halloween makes me excited...like a kid again. So, after I decided we needed: costumes, unnecessary axes and eyelashes (just because they were cool), pumpkins, a carving kit, and two bags of candy (which will NOT be enough for our neighborhood kiddies)... I had spent waaaay too much money. It's all in the name of Halloween though, right?
I have learned to not just let the kids pick out pumpkins, though. The big ones, yeah, sure that's all well and good. But, the little ones... ugh. The evil place had the big ones for 2.98 or something. Lil Man says "Can we get little ones too? They're only .74!" Wow, sure..that's cheap. Until I realize at the register, they are .74 per pound! The little pumpkins cost more than the big ones! Crazy.
So, today we will be cleaning house and carving pumpkins. Fun fun fun!
Yesterday, we went to Music In The Castle. It's a high school marching band competition. It was cold, but it was AWESOME! I am a true band geek that never was. I was in band... for a short week (or maybe two), but I love band!! My best friend's daughter is in band at her school, and one of my son's friends is in band at his school. So, it was a great opportunity for me to try and get some pictures.
I borrowed a zoom lens from work, and I feel like I got some pretty good shots. Considering it was the first time I'd ever used a lens that huge AND it did NOT have auto-focus, it was a bit of a learning experience. But, I'm pleased with some of them.
I got some video of a few of the bands. I have also learned that my daughter's idea of taking video is to do like her eyes do... she scans back and forth and never stops to look in one place for long. I was a bit sea-sick from watching some of the video that she helped with, but she'll know next time to hold it still. lol
This is a video of one of the local bands. They were there in exhibition...and they were AWESOME!
Nov. 2, 2011
So, here we are AFTER Halloween, and what a great Halloween it has been. Last week, my bff's daughter took Miss Thang to her work for a costume contest...and she WON FIRST PLACE!! I'm not sure if I was more excited about the $25 grocery gift card she got or the two tickets to the aquarium in Gatlinburg. Ok, both were pretty awesome. That reminds me, I owe her $25 for stealing her card. LOL
| Miss Thang's winning costume |
Sunday, the bff somehow talked me into going to a Halloween party at a local bar. Yes, you heard that right. Me and bar and Sunday...all in the same sentence. Scary huh? There were three of us going together, so we tried to do a theme. We ended up with "The Bride" (me), "The Happy Pregnant Wife" (Joyce), and "The Evil Ex-wife" (Ginger). Anyone who knows us understands these personas are NOT us. Ginger won an honorable mention for her costume. It made me proud since I helped her with her make up.
| The bride, the happy preggo wife, and the evil ex-wife. |
I, however, won a dance contest. Yes, again, you heard that correctly. I WON a DANCE contest. Ok, so it was by accident, but, hey, I got one of those cool rolly, back massager things. The DJ said they'd give a prize to the first person who did the dance to this particular song. I have/had no idea what the song or dance is called. I had to youtube it after the fact to try and figure it out and I'm still not convinced. Anyway, I was like "Oh, I know that dance!" So, I start doing at while standing at the table...just goofing off. Well, apparently the dj's saw me since no one else had gone over to them. They made me go over in front of them and do it again. Ugh, EMBARRASSING! I don't normally dance, unless I'm drunk. And I was not drunk. So, anyway, there's my story for that. If you're wondering what dance/song it was... here's a video I found of it. And, no, I did NOT do it as well as the Fresh Prince. LOL
Trick or Treating was a blast. I haven't had that much fun trick or treating in years. The kids were all hyped on sugar, and I'm pretty sure Miss Thang is still coming off of her sugar high two days later.
Our next adventure will be this weekend! I am taking the kids to Pigeon Forge, TN to go to Dollywood and the Aquarium!! Yay! Blog about that...coming soon.
BAHAHAHA I knew that was the dance you said you did! OMG! To have been a fly on the wall!!!
ReplyDelete