And so another adventure goes down in the photo albums...
Friday afternoon, I loaded up the car, packed the kids, and we headed off to Pigeon Forge, TN. We have all been to the Smokies before, but in recent years, it was only for short day trips. This was the first all weekend trip for the kid peoples. Friday we went to the hotel and pretty much just relaxed. The episode of Extreme Home Makeover that my brother-in-law and sister were at was supposed to be airing, so we just lounged in our room and watched t.v. Come Saturday morning, the kids were up before the crack of dawn and ready to go! At least I was assuming it was before the crack of dawn, since it was so foggy I couldn't see 10 feet in front of us!
It's reeeally foggy in the mountains! Oh and she was impatient because nothing was open yet.
After breakfast (which I might add was an awesome FREE continental breakfast at the hotel), we headed to WonderWorks. If you have never been to one, it's like a Hands On Museum on steroids. It was AWESOME!! The kids loved it. And Momma did too. There were tons of interactive exhibits, lazer tag, and just plain cool stuff.
Yes, the building is upside down
And, yes, the inside was upside down as well
My monkeys climbing the wall
Fun with music
Simulator... after the ride she said "That was AWESOME!! I wanna go again!!!"
Uber-Bubbles!
After WonderWorks, we headed to Dollywood. I think we (the man child and I) have encouraged the inner adrenaline junkies in the little people. They started out on the smaller rides at the Country Fair. They could have spent all day there, I'm sure of it. I finally got them to wonder through more of the park. After a few meltdowns (over not riding anything and not getting food fast enough), I decided to try them out on a mild but larger ride. The Blazing Fury. I've ridden this one for as long as I can remember. I knew what to expect. The little people...not so much. They were enjoying it... it was a little fast, it was interesting... then... vertical drop! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! The lil kids were screaming bloody murder! Yes, I sound like a horrible mother, but this little ride set the wheels in motion. Before we knew it, they wanted to ride EVERY roller coaster there! Including the ones with spins and flips! I'm such a proud momma! I tend to avoid roller coasters these days because, frankly, I'm just getting old, and once you've had vertigo in your lifetime rollercoasters are an enemy. BUT... I did decide to try out the wooden coaster... The Thunderhead. And Lil Man was brave enough to try it with me. It was great! It was sooo fast. I thought I was going to end up with whiplash, and I did lose my voice a little from screaming. Which, by the way, the lil man said after the ride "Mom, I'm glad to see you got your scream back!" LOL Kids. Gotta love 'em.
And so it begins...
And they thought the swings were scary!!
The Mystery Mine
I can't help but giggle every time I look at this. The look of sheer terror. Priceless! That's my girl!
The Thunderhead
After we were jostled, thrown, spun, and all that good stuff, we opted for a milder finish to the day. Polar Express in 4D. Polar Express is one of my kids all time favorite Christmas movies. So, it was a no-brainer that we had to see it in 4D. Ok, so it was only a short version because it's a "ride", but it was sooo worth it! I had a grin on my face the entire time! I sat beside a lady who was just as excited as my kids. I got tickled at her more than once. Oh, what makes it 4D you might ask? Well, you get the 3D glasses, AND you sit in a motion seat! "Riding" the Polar Express just topped off the best day EVER! (According to the kids .. well and me!)
The next day we went to Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. We had been there last year with some friends, but it was fun to go back. The kids got up close to some penguins. AND we got to pet the stingrays. So much fun!
By the time we'd finished at the Aquarium, everyone was exhausted (leftover from the day before) and hungry. Meltdowns began, and it was time for Momma to nip it in the bud and head home.
It was really a great weekend... one that I'm sure the kids won't forget anytime soon, and I won't either!
No comments:
Post a Comment