Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chatting Over Coffee

A friend of mine once said that my blogs reminded her of sitting down with me and chatting over coffee. I kind of like that description. Let's go with that. Since few people actually visit me to actually chat over coffee, let's pretend.

Ahhh lazy Sunday mornings. Wait... I haven't had the chance to be lazy today. What the heck?? With kids there is very little chance of getting to wallow in the splendor that is laziness. After I got up this morning, I headed downstairs, added a log to the fire, and started breakfast.

Late last night the man child and his friend asked to borrow my car to go pick something up at the friend's house, when they discovered the back tire on my car was sitting on the rim. Ugh. I knew I needed new tires, but I was hoping to stretch it as long as I could. So, I'll be putting the spare on it sometime this morning (unless the men-folk in the house are kind enough to do it for me. *bats eyelashes*)

Nana let them borrow the truck for their quick trip, and they come back with more than a video game. They added a friend, xbox, games, and a t.v. I think they said something about them moving in. *rolling eyes* Nothing unusual there, really. When we lived next door to them, they were at my house all the time. Anyway, I guess as "rent" the second friend offered me some candy bars. Good call. Seriously. Best way to butter me up is with chocolate.

Yesterday, I did a LOT of house cleaning. I told everyone in the house I was trying to get it finished so I could sit down and GAME. Yes, my friends, I finally got to do some gaming. I was beginning to have withdrawals. The men children rented and bought Skyrim. The Lil Man is playing Epic Mickey on the Wii. So it has been an all out geek fest in the upstairs, cool lounge this weekend!

On a sad note... Yesterday, not long after I had gotten up, I heard a lot of sirens going up the street. That's not unusual as the life saving crew is 2 blocks from here. But, I heard a lot, and they sounded like they were stopping near. A little later Miss Thang came to me and said that a house up the street was on fire. I walked outside and there was a cop blocking the street in front of my house. Miss Thang and I were trying to figure out which house it was, and much to our dismay we realized it was one of her friend's house. So, I walked down to the police officer to confirm. I asked him if it was the house I thought, and he said yes. I said "Oh no, my daughter's friend lives there. Are they ok?" He shook his head no at me. So, I sent Miss Thang back to the house so I could talk to him more. He said 3 of the kids were not home and were accounted for (one being MT's friend) and that everyone else had been sent to the hospital. He said the baby was sent just to be sure, the mom had some burns, but they didn't think the dad would make it. I was shocked! They are a young family. It was just devastating. So, I gave MT the bare essentials of information. I told her that her friend wasn't home and is ok, and the three that were home had gone to the hospital. One of her other friends later found out about her friend's step-dad passing away and called to tell her. So so sad. The word going around is that they had to climb out of a window... the step-dad handed the baby to the mom, then he went to try and put it out. He then became overwhelmed and succumbed to smoke inhalation. So so so sad.

Now on to happier subjects...

Friday, as you may or may not know, was 11-11-11. It meant pretty much nothing special to me, except that Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out on dvd. I know... I'm pathetic. LOL I picked it up (at a respectable hour, at least) and by the time we got home from picking up the Lil Man, we started with Part 1 and finished with Part 2. It was definitely a Harry Potter night... and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Speaking of new releases... Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 comes to theaters Friday... or should I say Thursday night at midnight... and YES, I will be there. My bff and I have tickets to watch all 4 movies Thursday evening/night into Friday morning. Mmhmm... I'm one of THOSE people. A glorified twi-mom! And I'm proud of it! I started reading the book, again (I think this makes the 3rd or 4th time reading it), to get ready for the movie. I sooo can't wait.

I've now had enough breakfast and coffee to make me want a nap. Have a great Sunday friends!

2 comments:

  1. I can forgive you for being a Twilight fan because you mentioned Harry Potter. I'm sure you've heard it before, but I think it's worth repeating:

    “Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”
    ― Stephen King

    No judgment. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I embrace all of my emotions equally... Harry Potter is exactly how Stephen King describes it. Twilight however (to me anyway) is a love story that makes me feel young again. And I'm a girl... I'm sappy that way. I love it! I can agree to disagree with people and not worry about it.
    If it makes you feel better I am also a Star Trek, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings Fan.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete