Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 Thoughts for Tuesday ~ 10-18-11

1. Well, here it is Tuesday again. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog about all the happenings in the past week or so. So, I guess you get the short version.

2. As of right now.... I am pissed. Extremely furious. To make this short and sweet (and not give away any details) I'll put it like this. If you are a parent who loves photography/is a photographer/whatever and you offer to take portraits for your child's team... fine and dandy, but do NOT do it during MY scheduled photo session and take away from MY business. Actually, since we work on a fundraising program, it is YOUR team that will be losing out because the league won't be getting as much back in their rebate as they would if YOU had not taken over HALF of my business. Oh... and next time, do your business OUT OF MY WAY AND MY EARSHOT. Have some respect. This is MY job. Not yours. YOUR league contacted US. I hope the ones who ordered from me enjoy their photos. Thankyouverymuch.  *mumble* *curse word* *mumble* *smile*

3. Whew, now that THAT is off my chest.
     Last week was Miss Thang's birthday... as you know. We survived the slumber party. It was exhausting to say the least. I didn't really plan many activities, but who needs to with 6 ten year old girls? They had a pajama fashion show and danced through the house. We did some face painting. I had help with that. Ok, so I volun-told my niece and bff's daughter and step-sis to help. But, they did great! I never knew how much pizza can be consumed by that many girls. I ordered 4 EXTRA LARGE pizzas, and we barely had over half of one left. The girls didn't fall asleep until about 4 a.m., much to my mother's dismay. I was tucked away upstairs sleeping soundly. *grin* Sorry, Mom.

4. Monday was my and my twin sister's birthday. I did not have a party, or a sleepover. But, that's ok with me. The internet/network was down at work, so it was a quiet day. Then the boss and his wife surprised me with cake and a present, then took me to lunch. Can't complain about free food. And the Woodwick candle they got me is AWESOME!

5. I would like one day in which I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything. Just one. I just want to sit outside on the porch and watch the leaves change color and fall. Is that too much to ask??

6. There is a store at the end of my street that is very odd to me. It's a "Tobacco Accessories" store. Ok, so it's a head shop. That's not the odd part. The odd part is whenever I am heading into work, at 9 a.m. there is a LINE of people waiting outside for them to open. Why? Why must one wait in line to be the first in that store? Are they afraid they'll run out of pipes? I mentioned this to my son and he informed me they sold the "incense" that people smoke in place of marijuana. Stupid people. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Drugs are bad for you!! Go ahead and fry your brain cells so you can stand in line outside of a tiny head shop every morning at 9 a.m. Mmhmm.

7. Wow, I'm on a roll tonight, huh? Feisty, even. Ok... maybe feisty isn't the word. Bitchy? Ok, I'm good with that. Is it a full moon? Let's blame that. *cheesy grin*

8. I think tonight calls for some Dunkin Donuts coffee... (made in the french press, of course!) I need to unwind.

9. Oh... big news. My computer finally bit the dust last week. It kept crashing. Over. And over. And over. So, I broke down and restored it back to factory defaults. Mantastic Todd helped me deduce that I had some bad memory, so after taking two memory sticks out it was working again!  I lost the Land of Oz pictures (except for what's on Facebook), and had to completely re-install EverQuest 2. That in itself took about 7 hours. Then it wouldn't work. BUT... again the Mantastic Todd came to the rescue. He recognized the error immediately and all I needed to do was install Direct X. Yay Todd!!!

10. And that wraps up another Tuesday. Let's hope for a calmer rest of the week. Until next time friends!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I need those brain cells. I'd much rather kill my heart standing in line at Starbucks every morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that I drive over 7 miles out of my way going to work just so I can get starbucks some mornings. It's not a daily ritual, but some days it's just needed! lol I seriously need to contact them and urge the suggestion to open one on the other side of town. :)

    ReplyDelete