I got a small glimpse of what the teen years with a girl are going to be like. O..M..G. Help. It began with her birthday dinner. I told her she could pick whatever restaurant she wanted. Apparently that was too many choices. She changed her mind at least 40 times (slightly exaggerated). Finally, after we're in the car and driving, she makes a decision. Logan's Roadhouse. Gotta love it. And Miss Thang loves some steak. She truly is like me... a country girl who likes her meat and taters!
On the way there, she and the man child are babbling about this and that, when she says to him "Now, listen... here are the rules for tomorrow." This is where I started giggling whether I wanted to or not. "There will be no picking, no messing, and no scaring." Of course this was an invitation for the man child to torment her. He says "So, you want me to pick my nose while I'm messing up your hair and scaring your friends?" Kids. Ya gotta love 'em.
Once we get to Logan's, I secretly told them about her birthday (like any respectable mother should do), and when it was time for dessert, she told the waitress she wanted the mini-bucket of brownie. Then this happened...
You can see her slowly start to lower in the seat. If they had gone on much longer, she'd have been under the table. I'm sure of it. My mission was accomplished!
After we ate, I decided to take her shopping for her birthday. Ok, yes, I admit it, I hadn't gotten her a present yet. Bad momma. She was all for the idea of going shopping for it though.
My boss had gotten all of us at work a membership to the local Sam's club. As you probably know, this is a division of Walmart... a.k.a. The Evil Place. Don't get me wrong... I have a love/hate relationship with wally world. It's cheap when you have the will power to go in and buy only what you need. Otherwise, it's evil and you spend more than you make in a week. Little did I know that Sam's club would be the Evil Place in Bulk!
I go in... get my membership card made, and the kids and I were browsing. I found things that I will definitely be going back for. For example, a body pillow that was so furry and soft that... well, yeah I don't need that pillow, but oh it was awesome.
Anyway, while browsing, Miss Thang decides to get one of her gifts there. A knock off Pillow Pet. It was a good $8 cheaper than the actual ones next door at wally world, so I agreed to it. While browsing the Christmas section (it's not even Halloween yet, people...sheeeesh), we notice something spectacular. The man child says "Well, there's a nutcracker for Nana!" (She collects them.) Before us stood this ginormous metal nutcracker. Before we walked away, the man child says "It's Beyonce's metal uncle-cousin-brother!!!" I'm not kidding... this nutcracker was over 6' in all of it's metal glory! The Bloggess would be proud!!
![]() |
| Beyonce's Uncle/Brother/Cousin |
I figured this would be a good place to get snacks and such for her party tomorrow night. Ok, so I had good intentions. So, let's recap... At the Evil Place in Bulk I left with:
1 knock off pillow pet (a monkey)
1 giant barrell o' cheese puffs
1 large box of chocolate eclairs
1 case of Yoohoos
1 rather large bag of Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
That's junk... not even a lot of it... just bulk... for a grand total of $43. How...the...hell...did...that...happen? Evil I tell you! AND... I still haven't gotten the stuff for her party tomorrow. That stuff was for US.
I'm sure there will be a lovely blog tomorrow or the day after... depending on whether I survive a slumber party with 7 or so 10 year old girls. Wish me luck!
Oh... check out my twin sister's blog about the birthday gift I sent her. *giggle* Surprise!!

So I wonder how mom and gary are gonna handle said slumber party. LOL!! I look forward to hearing about this.
ReplyDeleteThey said something about disappearing for a while, but it would have to be some place free. Any suggestions?? lol
ReplyDelete