1. Back in more avid blogging days, I swiped this idea of doing 10 random thoughts on Tuesdays. I haven't done one of these blogs in a long time, and, well, since I'm in a decent mood today, I thought I would re-kindle the idea.
2. Apparently some people think I live an exciting life. Yes, I have actually been told that by a couple of people. Go figure. I guess if I were to step outside of myself and look at it with a different perspective, it would seem interesting at the very least.
3. Maybe, it's just that I can see the humor in most things. Most of the time anyway.
4. For example, I came home yesterday to my driveway full of unfamiliar vehicles. My first thought was "Oh nooo the man child is NOT having a party at MY house." Then I realize these people are on my roof. My landlord has been having my roof replaced for a year now. So, he failed to mention to me that they were actually going to do it yesterday. Ok, so that's fine. Until I am helping the lil people with homework and all we hear is the pounding of hammers coming from above us. So frustrating.
5. This morning, I overslept (my bad) and didn't wake up until almost 7:30. The roofers (well, one of them anyway) shows up and starts making noise again. At 7:30 in the morning?? Who does that?? I guess I forget that I am spoiled and don't have to be at work that early. So, after I have to ask him to move his vehicle to take my kids to school, I start getting ready for work when I realize their ladder is strategically placed outside of my bathroom window. Talk about awkward. I was afraid to take a shower! Then when I finally get ready, I have to ask two others to move their vehicles so I can actually go to work. Men.... sheeesh.
6. I am happy to report that the majority of my roof is finished. I thought they would be done today (from what one roofer told me yesterday), but their supplies and such are still in my yard. Oh well.
7. And true to form, I always get stuck at number 7. Hmmm... think think think.
8. I have to admit, I have been in a bit of a rut lately. Too much stress and mundane nonsense tends to drag a person down. I let myself have a week or so of moodiness. I'm coming out of it a little.
9. I think I need a girls' night out. Anyone game? And what can we do that doesn't cost money?
10. So, now you've had the pleasure of one of my random thoughts days. Wasn't that fun? Ok, so lie to me and tell me it was. Til next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment