While searching for some quotes (a little thing I like to do occasionally and post as my status on facebook and other networking sites), I had to pick something to focus on tonight. Which emotion shall it be? Of course, it's almost always an emotion as I am an emotional being. The majority of my emotions today have revolved around frustration, anger, desolution (is that an emotion?), loneliness, and the desire to be alone. Odd, isn't it? How can one experience so many conflicting emotions at once?
I found this quote by Colette (whoever that is...will have to google that one)...
"There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall."
That's kinda the way I feel today... all of them. At once.
Oh, the double edged sword of it...solitude that is. One moment I am begging to just BE alone... to just BE. The next, I'm so lonely and just want someone to talk to. It's a bitter pill that I force myself to swallow. I have chosen to be alone...except for my kids, of course.
I found another quote that I think I shall have to remember...
"Loneliness can be conquered only by those who can bear solitude." ~Paul Tillich
I love solitude...most of the time. It's just that I don't get the opportunity often to indulge in it. Ah, tis the life of a single mother.
And as a final thought...
"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." ~ Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris
Ain't it the truth...ain't it the truth.
so very true. so very true.
ReplyDelete