Wednesday, May 9, 2012

10 Thoughts for Tuesday AND Wednesday

Tuesday:
1. I started this blog earlier this morning, only to realize I had to hurry and get ready for work so I would have time to swing by Starbucks so I could get a mocha and the free download code for songs from the Voice. (I think that was the longest run-on sentence ever... I ran out of breath just typing it.)

2. I did get my mocha... and when I got to the end of the bar to get the download code... (I was planning to get two... one for myself, and one for my wondermous friend, Tabitha, who, incidentally does not drink Starbucks... that's just wrong, isn't it?) ... There was only ONE card left! *gasp* So, I took it... of course... and gave it to Tabitha. Just 'cause she's awesome.  (What is with me and the run-on sentences tonight? Sheesh!)

3. I still hate baseball season. Just sayin'.

4. I feel pretty productive today. I got a lot accomplished at work (not nearly enough, but it was a lot). After work, Miss Thang and I went with the Man Child to get his hair cut. He hasn't had his hair cut since... well, since I cut it off a few years ago to donate it to Locks of Love. It was long...again. He was tired of dealing with it, and it's hot, so he decided to cut it short. I LOVE it! I think he likes it, too. It's hard to tell since his descriptive vocabulary consists of grunts and groans.

Wednesday:

5. My niece, B, said this to the man child... "I'm going to start an all girl cover band of Bush... I'm going to call it Bald."

6.  While discussing crazy dreams with the BFF, I mentioned having dreamt of Orlando Bloom one night and Jon Bon Jovi another night. Miss Thang says "I don't know who Jon Bon Jovi is." The BFF and I both yell "OH MY GOD we're getting old!!" I tell Miss Thang "He is the lead singer of a music group called Bon Jovi." She says "Do they play banjos?" The BFF almost choked on her latte while driving.

7.  The dreaded teenage years are quickly approaching for my daughter. I really don't want to think about it. I want to be in denial. But, we had to go to the evil place and buy new... um... clothing items. Then I figured I would have to explain what other things she should expect in the future... as far as female things go. I know, this is awkward... it was just as awkward for me telling this to her. So, THE talk was had... sort of. She is completely disturbed that this "occurrence" will last most of her life... And then she wanted to know how much surgery costs to get rid of the body parts causing the occurrences. I think THE talk was more traumatizing for me than it was for her.

8. *Update to #2*  After Wing Wednesday, the BFF, Miss Thang and I went to the evil place (that's twice in one week for me... wth??), and then we stopped by Starbucks (again). I asked the cutey pie at the window if they had any of the cards with the download codes. Yes!! They did! So, I did get my music after all. Too bad they don't let you pick what you want. But, I'll still take it!

9. My BFF, Precious, has what some might call a stalker. This person is fascinated with the precious to the point of obsession. I am convinced there will be a Lifetime movie made about her at some point after said stalker completely takes on the Precious' life. It will happen. Mark my words. And when it does... Lifetime, please call me... I have all the details! ;)

10. I'm not feeling the best tonight... even my mother thinks there's something wrong. She asked me if I was ok because I am "quiet" today. So, I am going to bed, drink my starbucks, and maybe read a little while. Until next time friends! 

Oh... and Happy Mother's Day to all the momma's out there!!!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I ran out of breath reading it.
    2. I'm jealous. I want a mocha
    3. mmm hmm. at least you have a job.
    4. I love it too!! he looks awesome!
    5. lord my child!
    6. OH EMM GEE!!! she needs to be schooled!
    7. i've done it twice now. deal with it. lol
    8. yay for free music!
    9.I'd watch that show. I think there's a movie out already like that. only ppl die in it.
    10. you.......quiet??? gasp! you must be sick.

    happy mothers day to you! love ya

    ReplyDelete