Well hello there friends. How are we this fine Wednesday? I am just peachy. Ok, so I had a decent day. Busy, but I was in a decent mood and laughed a lot. Weird. There must be something in the air.
Anyhooo... So last night's photo shoot was draining. I took the man child for a test run to see how he could handle helping me on a shoot. And (for whatever reason) I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did. And on top of that, he got paid. So of course he was excited.
Today he met up with his girlfriend and when I went to pick him up, he says "Let's go to starbucks!" I can not and will not ever turn that down... especially if someone else is paying. So he buys coffee for me and himself, and I get Ms. Thang's drink. It's a proud moment for me when my 9 year old daughter walks up to the counter and orders her drink like a pro. "I would like a tall hot chocolate at the kids' temperature, please." I just turned and looked at her and said "wow"... that was impressive. Dude behind the counter must've thought so too, he only charged us for a kids' drink instead.
So we go browse and then sit down to wait on our drinks. They call mine and I go get my delicious grande mocha. Then they say "tall hot chocolate"...so she walks over to get it and reaches to get her cup. She can't reach it. Dude had placed it juuust out of her reach, so she starts climbing on the counter. All I see are legs laying across the counter while she's trying her best to get to her drink. I couldn't have been more proud of her!! I wish I had gotten a picture of that.
Even though I am in a decent mood, there are things today that are really irritating me. Number 1 on that list would be some ridiculous craziness that my sister is going through. I won't go into details as it is a private matter, but let me just say.... I am ready to catch the first flight to Kansas and (as my sister would say) get all redneck white girl on some people!
The second thing that irritates me today are facebook status re-posts. I'm not talking about the funny/joke ones, or the endearing/touching ones... I'm talking about the stupid/obvious/here's your sign kind of re-posts. Here's some examples and what I think about them...
--Warning to parents: Do not join this group "Becoming a Father or Mother was the greatest gift of my life" ... blah blah blah... they are pedophiles.
*Ok, If you are a parent, why exactly do you have to join a group like that anyway? I mean is it not obvious that becoming a parent is the greatest gift of your life? Who are you trying to prove it to? And furthermore, let's just go ahead and assume that all groups who question obvious shit are probably stalked by pedophiles. Mmmkay? Have you not read guides on children's safety on the internet?
--Religious and/or political posts and/or re-posts.
*I am happy for all of you who are so excited and happy about your religious and/or political beliefs that you feel the need to blab it all over the internet. Personally... I like to keep my beliefs and opinions just that... PERSONAL. Wanna know what I do when I see those kind of posts? I ignore them. And if I keep seeing them over and over... I "hide" that post. So there ya go. Have fun with that.
--Emo whining/complaining posts...example: "I'm so sick of everyone! Do not talk to me! I am leaving facebook!"
* Yes, we all like to vent occasionally. I have been known to throw something out there that could be considered an emo whining, BUT, it's rare that I post something like that. Here's a clue... if someone is posting these, more than likely they are looking for attention. Tell 'em to shut the hell up and grow up... they're acting like a 3 year old who wants to be rocked to sleep.
Wow those are a little blunt and harsh aren't they? Hm.. oh well. LOL I call it like I see it. I am not the type of person to sugar coat stuff (much). I can't and don't lie (seriously, I can't... I am caught too easily). And a lot of time, I play out scenarios in my head, so I already know what you're going to say, what's going to happen, so I skip it altogether. It just saves me time that way.
I just got a lot of crazy points right there, didn't I??? Yay me! Am I winning yet?
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is... why the hell does everything have to be so negative, so judgmental, so dramatic??? Don't we get enough of that from t.v. and the news and everything else on the internet???
Here's a good one... (I actually kind of think this one is a little funny... and fits well with the blog here.)
So sad...Please put this on your status if you know, are related to, divorced from, or dated someone who suffers from Stupidity. People need to understand that Stupidity is real and should be taken seriously. You could be sitting next to a Stupid person right now. There is still no known cure for Stupidity and sympathy does not help. Sometimes a 2x4 to the back of the head helps, but not
a lot. But we can raise awareness! 53% won't re-post this because they don't know how to copy and paste ;)
But... Here is the status re-post of the day:
Please copy & paste this to your status if you are constantly being asked to copy & paste something to your status by friends who copy & paste things to their status. Many people won't copy & paste this but my true friends will copy & paste it because they know this was copied & pasted from a dear friend in need of more stuff to copy & paste...
Remember friends: Copy, paste, and re-post responsibly!

ROFL!!! That's awesome!
ReplyDelete