Monday, August 15, 2011

Packapalooza 2011

Packapalooza has officially begun! What is Packapalooza you might ask? My sister came up with this several years ago when she was preparing to move to Ft. Story, VA to be with her new husband who was based in the army there. So, she made an EVENT out of it. She referenced it again after she found out I was moving. The only event this is turning out to be so far is that it's an event for me to get my body to cooperate. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

It is really a good thing I started this a month and a half early. I started cleaning out my desk yesterday, and I kid you not, it took ALL day. Just for my DESK! Apparently 7 years worth of paperwork (needed or not) along with every random item that failed to find a/it's home was on/in my desk. I did find some stuff I had forgotten about. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

So, today, I decided I needed to go to mom's and start on the work to be done there. I am not a focused one track mind kind of person. I multi-task. I am the QUEEN of multi-tasking. Ok, so it's a self appointed title, but I wear my crown proudly. I started painting the upstairs. Since the last people to live in that space was my niece, and before that my man child... they had painted it a dark, gloomy blue. It's an almost black blue. So, I knew it was going to take us several coats of paint to cover it. Mom luckily had a 5 gallon bucket of paint, so I figured I would use that as a base/primer to start covering it up. At this point, the color of it is growing on me. That and every inch of my body hurts from painting and we aren't even half finished. So, there ya go. I may have a pale yellow room when it's all said and done. If it weren't flat paint I'd be a lot happier, but I'm not that picky.

Let there be LIGHT...yellow.

We still have some things to move out of the rooms up there. Then there's finishing the painting, of course. And sanding and refinishing the hardwood floors. And finish packing up the 15 years of crap at my house. Give away some. Yard sale some. Donate some. Move it. Unpack it. OMG what am I doing??? Shush! I'm stressing myself out! One step (or two) at a time. Yes. 

I'm tired. I think I'll end it here since my brain is obviously clouded from paint fumes. Until next time.

Those interested in signing up for Packapalooza 2011... contact me. 

2 comments:

  1. When my best friend graduated college, she put posters up in the music building advertising a packing party. Two rules: you had to bring a box and pack it, and you didn't get anything to drink until everything was packed. She was packed before noon and only lost one glass, although she did have to go out for another case of champagne midafternoon.

    I can come up for a couple hours this weekend - when do you need me and do you need more boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Now that sounds like a packapalooza!!

    I've got some boxes. I'm kind at a loss as to what to do with all of it yet.
    I'm not sure yet what I'm working on this weekend. It could be finishing painting and/or floors or packing... I'll let ya know, though.

    ReplyDelete