Wednesday, August 17, 2011

10 Thoughts for Tuesday...on Wednesday

1. As usual, I'm a day late. What else is new?

2. Today is the first day of school for miss thing. I feel like it snuck up on us. Even though we were physically prepared, I don't feel like is was prepared mentally.

3. At first, she said "Mom, usually you are sitting here with your camera." Then she decided I could take "a picture from the window this year." Apparently it's weird for mom to stand in the drive way clicking off 50 shots of her getting on the bus.

4. Speaking of bus... it was late (or didn't show at all) again. I blame it on the first day. They have to readjust their routes, deal with kindergarteners that don't wanna go and/or mom's who don't want to let go of said kindergarteners. I can sympathize...I guess.

5. Packapalooza is still in it's early stages. I still haven't packed anything since Sunday. The painting is still in it's first coat phase. It's hard to do all of this is a few hours every evening. Ya'll know what I'm talking about. And on top of that, I'm downright exhausted.

6. So, I broke down and joined Twitter last night. I'd been thinking about it for a little while. Now, if I could figure out how to work it and who I want to follow...

7. Finding people to follow has turned out to be very similar to my finding music for my mp3 player. I can't think of anything at the moment I want, but let me be out at some random place and I'll remember one at a time. This could be a long drawn out process.

8. Back to the school thing... This morning ended up being a repeat of dramas from before. I hate buying the kids new shoes. They don't understand the whole "breaking in" process. It takes more than one day, and yes, it will make your ankles/feet hurt for a little while. No, whining will not make them feel better on your feet. Just fix 'em when you get to school. Sheesh.

9. It feels a little like fall outside this morning. Then in about an hour, the sun's gonna be in full swing and it's gonna feel like hell...again. Late summer. Ya gotta love it.

10. I really must start going to bed earlier. 6 hours of sleep just is not cutting it. Neither is the coffee. Now, if I could figure out how to turn my brain off intermittently, that'd be awesome! Have a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment