Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just One Day

I am taking a mental health day. Yep... I went there. Work and life in general is driving me mental. I'm tired. I'm grouchy. I'm emotional. I'm exhausted. And dogonnit... I deserve it! I'm seriously burned out at work. I'm stressed out about finances. And my house looks like a hoarder wannabe's. I simply haven't had the time, energy or motivation to clean when I actually am at home. So, after oversleeping this morning, I just couldn't get into the groove of going. I first decided I'd be late. Then I called back and questioned the co-peep about possibly taking the day off. To which I ended up even more stressed out. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill... and not because I wasn't going to be there... it was all about leaving a freaking message for the boss that I wouldn't be there. How hard is it to leave a message?? I almost changed my mind and was going to go. Ugh.
So, today, I am going to clean my house. Relax a little here and there. And watch mindless daytime t.v.
I just need... a day. Just one day to feel normal. Ok, normal for me isn't necessarily normal for everyone else. But, yeah. Normal. Life that doesn't involve baseball for one day. Life that is a slower pace. Where there's no deadlines. Ok, so that's not gonna happen, but I can dream.
Ok, so now that I have justified to myself over not being super woman for a day, where to start?? Cinnamon rolls seem like a good place. OH and coffee. Yes, yes... lots of coffee.

"For fast-acting relief, try slowing down."  ~Lily Tomlin


"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it."  ~Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris


And finally...
"The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on."  ~Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment